Friday, March 30, 2007

Jail break

I was able to get a solid 7 hours of sleep the other night...after my 40 hours awake. Last night, however, was a different story. We just did our daylight savings time change last night...so we lost an hour as it was. I went to bed at what would have been 11:30 PM, but because of the change it was 12:30 am. At 2 am (new time) the loud speakers in the camp started sounding an alarm followed by instructions to execute operation blah, blah, blah.
I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but this camp also doubles as a prison camp for some 14,000 or so detainees. Last night a couple of them escaped. The Tactical Operations Command called us and asked if they could use our assets to help in locating the escapees, so we gathered the guys and headed back to work. It's 8 am Saturday morning now (11 pm Friday night back home) and I'm headed for the hooch for a couple more hours of shut eye before coming back for todays primary mission. I'm starting to get used to not sleeping. More soon and pictures later in the week...T.

1 comment:

JodyPolfus said...

Hey you, thanks for the awesome updates. Don't know how you are keeping going with such little sleep. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Your friend, Jody