Thursday, October 18, 2007

Re-learning How to be Civilized

I'm in Kuwait and finishing the last requirements before heading home. I was originally told that I would have to wait for the next "class" to begin, but I've since convinced them that I would be an easy one and not require much attention. I've seen the Chaplain, the Shrink, and the Docs, and they all agree that I've suffered no measurable ill effects from the adventure. This program is something all the warriors go through on their way out of the country, and although I can see it being helpful to many, to me it simply represents another obstacle between me and home.

If all goes as planned, I'll be home in time to enjoy at least part of the weekend in the States. That suits me much better than waiting around for that Monday class to start.

After arriving late the other night, I was picked up and delivered to a tent capable of holding 20 or so people. I get it all to myself. My days are spent in short little 15 minute meetings with people like those mentioned above...followed by time at the pool to relax. Not a bad way to recover, but I'd rather be doing this somewhere in the Carribean.

The big party is planned for November 3rd. If you didn't get an e-mail with the details, drop me a line and I'll send it to you. I can't wait!

T.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Tom,
We're praying for your safe journey home.
Trish

Tommy said...

Thanks Trish,
I hope you guys can make the party.

Scarlet said...

I have no idea how I ended up here or what you're talking about, but I hope you have a great time at the party. :)