Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Camp Mascots

We’ve taken in a couple of pets at our camp lately. Some of you may refer to them as vermin, but they’re all we have. About a week ago a couple of mice would sneak into our lounge area and make mad dashes from beneath the furniture to the crumbs left from the daily gorging. Since we keep all the real food locked up tight, we’ve all come to the consensus that they are doing us a service…so we’ve let them stay.
They get a little braver each day, and the littler one of the two actually sat and twitched his nose at me for about 30 seconds as I talked to him from 3 feet away.
Maybe we keep them around after seeing what the Camel Spiders can do to them, or maybe the heat has finally gotten to us, but regardless they know there boundaries and so far have been pretty well behaved. Our only real concern is what happens when the snakes come looking for them!?!?!
Thinking of summertime, beaches, and all of you. Don’t waste a day of it, I have to live through your stories for the time being. Keep the pictures coming, they are helping me keep my sanity over here!

Miss you, T.

4 comments:

Lesa said...

T,
Talking to a small rodent, by chance is she blonde with glasses and works in a library?????????

Oh, sorry, was that for public consumption?

Tommy said...

Lesa,
You know better than that. It's brunette, blue eyes...but definitely with the hair in the bun, and the glasses. Who doesn't love a librarian? When did we have this conversation anyway...ten years ago? Nice memory1

Lesa said...

Like an elephant!!!!!!!

Tommy said...

I guess that should worry me Lesa...but I know you would never expose me in public...oh, wait, you just did!